I've been entertaining the idea of opening up the stage to more creative people through my tutorial videos for a while now. It's spring again. As my garden roses all wake up and start to bloom so beautifully, I think it's time to announce this idea to you all.
Delectable Flowers is inviting you to be the next tutorial video host!
I recorded two collaborative tutorial videos with Andrea Ma (age 12) last year. If you haven't seen them, check out the following two links.
One video was co-hosted by both Andrea and me, in which I was teaching Andrea how to arrange a flower box, and she was doing it step by step. The other video, however, I didn't show up, only guided her along all the steps right behind the camera. Andrea did a great job and we had lots of fun. I trust that many of you would enjoy this and find it thrilling to record a tutorial video.
If you're interested in being a host, here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit our website and fill out our application form. One of the things you need to do is to send us a clip of video of you talking to the camera (30-60 sec long).
2. Once I receive your information, I'll contact you to arrange a time for you to visit our studio in Burbank, CA and we will record one tutorial on that day. You have the choice of co-hosting with me, or being a solo host after a brief interview by me.
3. For the taping, you will bring all the flowers you wish to use, and I will provide a DIY kit for free to you. You do need to take care of your own transportation to and from our studio.
4. All videos footages are copyrights of Delectable Flowers and will be edited by Delectable Flowers, and final tutorial will be sent to you one week before they're published.
5. We ask that you post this video to as many social media channel as possible. Share them with friends and family. Maybe they haven't seen this side of you! :)
If you have any questions, remember you can always drop us a note at DelectableFlowers@gmail.com.
Note: Each recording session is about one hour long. Please arrive on time. We will finish the whole working session with you in one hour and half.